The following are guidelines for using the trademarks and logos of Geeknet, Inc. (”Geeknet“). These guidelines apply to all of Geeknet's registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks (such as any identifying words, names, symbols, devices, slogans, or combination of these). These guidelines may be unilaterally changed by Geeknet from time to time, upon reasonable notice to you.
Guidelines for Using Geeknet Logos
Without first receiving the express, written consent of an authorized representative of Geeknet, which consent Geeknet may give or withhold in its sole discretion.
You shall not:
- use Geeknet logos in connection with any service or product that competes with a Geeknet product or service, including without limitation, the advertisement or sale thereof.
- display Geeknet logos larger or more prominently than Your company or business logo, name, service, or product, wherever displayed.
- include Geeknet logos in Your business, company, product, or service name.
- include Geeknet logos in any manner suggesting a business affiliation with Geeknet.
- include Geeknet logos in any manner suggesting Geeknet approval or endorsement of You or Your ideas, beliefs, products, or services.
- display Geeknet logos on material that is pornographic, unlawful, defamatory, violent in nature, or which has a purpose or objective of encouraging unlawful activities.
- use Geeknet logos for any purpose other than the identification of Geeknet or its products or services, or providing a link to a Geeknet web site.
- display Geeknet logos in a manner or location disparaging to Geeknet or its products or services.
- include the applicable ™ or ® symbol after every Geeknet logo, and attribute every Geeknet logo as a trademark of Geeknet as follows: SouceForge.net, Slashdot, freshmeat, and ThinkGeek are registered trademarks or trademarks of Geeknet, Inc., in the United States and other countries. Geeknet is a trademark of Geeknet, Inc.
- display Geeknet logos on web pages that point to a Geeknet web site through a text link.
- only reproduce the logos as follows: The logos shall always be clearly readable. When the logos appear against a colored background, there must be enough contrast for the logos to be readable. You shall not crowd the logos, tilt, flip, or distort the logos. You shall always align the logos on a horizontal axis.
Guidelines for Using Geeknet Trademarks
Unless You first receiving the express, written consent of an authorized representative of Geeknet to depart from these Trademark Guidelines, which consent Geeknet may give or withhold in its sole discretion.
- use only approved trademark artwork provided by Geeknet.
- not include any Geeknet trademarks in Your business or company name.
- not include any Geeknet trademarks in the name of Your products, services, technology, domain names.
- not display Geeknet trademarks larger or more prominently than Your logo, or the names of Your company, business, services, or products, wherever displayed (Geeknet trademarks should not create the strongest visual impression).
- not display Geeknet trademarks in a location or manner disparaging to Geeknet.
- not display Geeknet trademarks on material that is objectionable, violent in nature, defamatory, or pornographic.
- use Geeknet trademarks as adjectives followed by generic descripters (not as verbs, plurals, or possessives).
Incorrect: SourceForge® your open source software.
Correct: Host your open source software on SourceForge.net®.
- mark Geeknet trademarks with the applicable ™ (indicating claimed trademarks) or ® symbol (indicating registered trademarks) immediately after the trademark in the first prominent appearance of a trademark in headlines, the first time a trademark appears in body text, and the first time the trademark appears on subsequent pages of a document with more than one page if the topics discussed is different or if the pages can be separated and distributed independently.
- do not use Geeknet trademarks as nouns, unless You are referencing Geeknet trade names. Example:
Incorrect: Geeknet™ includes Immersion opportunities
Correct: Geeknet™ online advertising services include Immersion opportunities
Proper Trade Name Usage:
Geeknet, Inc. is an online media and e-commerce leader in community-driven Open Source innovation.
- do not abbreviate, improperly capitalize, or alter the spelling of Geeknet trademarks.
- set apart and distinguish SourceForge trademarks from other words in the text when used in a non- stylized form, such as in the body text of an advertisement (render SourceForge trademarks in bold, italics, capital letters, underscore, or quotations).
Incorrect: A variety of technology companies have download programs on sourceforge.net.
Correct: A variety of technology companies have download programs on SourceForge.net®.
Effective: 11/4/2009 - Last Revised: 11/9/2009